Active Galactic Nuclei
I have used high angular resolution observations to search
for and probe sources associated with accretion onto a massive
black hole in the center of galaxies. We
have focused on the ways that these active nuclear sources affect their nearby environment.
Review talk on Centaurus A, Infrared view (June 2009)
Talk on Spitzer observations of Centaurus A and episodic star formation.
- The warped disk of Cen A from 2 to 6500 kpc, compiled from tilted
ring fits in 5 different wavelength ranges, astroph
This system is as interesting as the NGC 4258 maser disk but much less well known.
Movie of my model of Cen A's warped dusty disk, (changing angle!)
Bob Hurt's movie showing visible, near-IR and mid-IR (Spitzer) imaging along with my model.
- Spitzer observations of nearby radio galaxy Centaurus A and
discovery of a 400pc long ionization cone and a 500pc shell,
Spitzer spectroscopic mapping ,
Discovery of a 500 pc shell in the nucleus of Centaurus A ,
Spitzer observations of the dusty warped disk of Centaurus A ,
- A warped disk in a radio galaxy:
Another form of feedback from an active galactic nucleus (Grant's paper),
The warped nuclear disk of Radio Galaxy 3C449
- The discovery of many unresolved continuum sources at the nuclei of Seyfert galaxies,
The Multitude of Unresolved Continuum Sources at 1.6 Microns in Hubble Space Telescope Images of Seyfert Galaxies ,
- Their spectral energy distributions (with Almudena!)
Spectral Energy Distributions of Seyfert Nuclei
- The variability of these sources
The Variability of Seyfert 1.8 and 1.9 Galaxies at 1.6 Microns ,
- On submillimeter observations of nearby radio galaxies,
870 micron observations of nearby 3CRR radio galaxies ,
- A way to make a warped disk
The warped disk of Centaurus A in the near-infrared
- Another way to make a warped disk,
A Wind-driven Warping Instability in Accretion Disks ,
Brightest Cluster Galaxies
It was really nice to be involved with a study of brightest cluster galaxies
led by Chris O'Dea and Stefi Baum.
- Our Spitzer imaging survey of brightest cluster galaxies,
paper II ,