Subject: Your hotel in 1978
From: William Forrest <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], William Forrest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 16:08:32 -0400

Dear Ohia Waikiki,

During my recent stay, I noticed a picture I took in 1978 of a white 
bird outside my hotel room (attached, #10), and the railing the bird sat 
on was, essentially, identical to that of my room 1194.  I talked to the 
concierge, and he suggested the building seen behind the bird was on the 
West side of your hotel, bordering Seaside.  I went to Google Maps, and 
confirmed (also attached, two Screen Shots) that the same building was 
there in 2011.  And I went there myself and can confirm that building is 
the same one in the background of my 1978 picture.

Then I noticed several black and white pictures I had taken of the 
hotel's surroundings in 1978 (attached, #17, 18 and 19).  I puttered 
around, and found, essentially, the same views in 2015 (attached, #750, 
751 and 752).  It's interesting to see how some things have changed in 
the intervening 37 years.

The emergency instructions in my room said 'Outrigger Surf', so I 
speculate that was the name of the hotel in 1978.

I enjoyed my stay at your hotel, and perhaps I can return 37 years hence.

Sincerely,
William J. Forrest
Rochester, NY