Subject: RobNoiseSoftware
From: Bill Forrest <[email-masked]>
To: me <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:10:40 -0400

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Re: have you revised noise software that we could use?
From:    "Rob Simcoe" <[email-masked]>
Date:    Tue, September 8, 2009 2:04 pm
To:      [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is partially revised software....I've put it into the IDL path
already on the UR computer.

If you type ".com sc_noisechan" at the IDL command line prompt, it
shoudl compile the code.  Then, you can type

sc_noisechan, 'CDS fitsfile', noutputs=32

sc_noisechan, 'CDS fitsfile', noutputs=4, ncols=[0,511]

Replace CDS fitsfile with the CDS file in the "Results" directory
written out by the Teledyne software.  The noutputs could in principle
be ready rom the header but I included it because of the bug in the
HxRG software that caused headers to be updated incorrectly.