Subject: [Astro Faculty] International Year of Astronomy
From: Bill Forrest <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "Sulouff, Patricia" <[email-masked]>, Nikki Hatler <[email-masked]>, Rich Sarkis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 12:10:08 -0500
List-Id: "This list sends email to all faculty in the Astronomy Department." <astrofac.mail.pas.rochester.edu>

Hi all,

The 16 Jan. 2009 issue of Science has some interesting things
celebrating the Year of Astronomy.  I scanned three of the items which I
found to be quite nice.  I used a very high quality setting, so the
files are big (6 Mbytes per 3 pages.  I've posted my scans at
http://astro.pas.rochester.edu/~forrest/ScienceV323(16Jan09)/.

pp 326-329 "Astronomy's Greatest Hits" by Tim Folger, chronicling the
history of the astronomical 'scope
pp. 330-331 a cartoon "A Brief History of the Telescope" by Gonick and
Alschuler, amusing and informative

CoverIRACgalacticCenter.pdf   IRAC/Spitzer image of "Hot dust clouds in
the center of the Milky Way" from NASA/JPL-Caltech/S.Stolovy (Spitzer
Science Center/Caltech)

I don't have any permissions for any of these scans, but I think it's OK
for personal/educational use?

Bill
_______________________________________________
AstroFac mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.pas.rochester.edu/mailman/listinfo/astrofac